Spectrum offers an intriguing Wave 2 wifi router. I have personally tried spectrum wave 2 routers and to be honest; it works fine.
But before I dive into details of this router, here are some basic knowledge about wave 2 routers.
What is Wave 2 router?
There was a time when wifi was slower than your wired network, but it's been catching up fast. And today, it's getting even faster with the arrival of 802.11 AC.
Wave 2 routers are essential because the wifi going beyond 1 gigabit per second your wireless access points can handle more traffic.
Speeding the pace of business and the apps and services that you deliver to your employees over wifi can become more pervasive and more intelligence.
Wave 2 routers are unique because they use a new technology called mu-mimo, and this allows the router to connect to multiple devices all at once.
P.S: Duh, My Normal router also allows all the devices to connect at once. ( Please, Read Further ! )
So if you have a four-stream router and say you have two stream laptop, one stream smartphone and one stream tablet you can use all of your router's bandwidth meaning fewer slowdowns.
Wave 2 router is especially essential for public spaces where one router provides wifi hotspot to a ton of devices.
And, If You connect to four stream client, you can have a maximum theoretical speed of nearly 3.5 GIGABITS PER SECOND.
Types of Spectrum Wave 2 Routers
So spectrum offer three-wave 2 routers, it is not branded as anything but a spectrum router, and its made by three different companies.
- RAC2V1S: Sagemcom
- RAC2V1K: Askey
- RAC2V1A: Arris
Overview Of RAC2V1S: Sagemcom
RAC2V1S: Sagemcom is a dual-band 802.11 Ac router, which allows its users to get the fastest speed.
- RAC2V1S: Sagemcom uses the latest 802.11 Ac wireless technology. Due to this, the router provides the maximum speed to the users.
- Due to its dual-band feature, the router ensures high wifi speed and stable connection. You can easily play video games, watch videos without buffering.
- The router uses WPA2 encryption and protects your internet from outsiders.
- The Router Comes with Parental Control
- It has a built-in USB port and a DLNA media server.
Overview of RAC2V1K: Askey :
RAC2V1K: Askey is designed for the in-house and commercial wifi service for spectrum users. Place the router in a central position for maximizing superior wifi network coverage.
- It is a dual-band router which can provide speed up to 1700 Mbps
- The router is convenient, and it is easy to setup.
- The router supports Firewall/Vpn.
- It has USB based services such as file, media, printer sharing.
- The router is perfect for small business who can experience fast internet while using a variety of wireless apps and services.
Overview of RAC2V1A: Arris
The RAC2V1A : Arris router is a dual-band 802.11ac router Which Allows users to connect to the Web via another modem.
- The arris router has the following Features :
- Remote control capability: allows Spectrum to create changes Into the router's settings Connections.
- Both wireless and wired connection can be used together.
- Four Gigabit Ethernet interfaces for links to non-wireless apparatus
- A USB 3.0 host interface
Which is the Best Spectrum Wave 2 router?
If I were had to pick one router among these three, I would go for Arris. Arris is a brand, and a lot of people use it. Their software and hardware is top-notch quality.
Arris is trusted by millions of people, and it has built one of the best routers. So Yea, Arris would be my pick.
You can also go for Askey, It has excellent features, and arris lacks in some of the features. If you are a hardcore gamer, watches a lot of Netflix movie then go for Askey.
It is faster among all the three and seeing as how they’re all the same price. If you face any issues with it, you should be able to swap the router by informing to spectrum.
Its rental system and you have to pay $5 per month for the router, but if you have a budget then go for personal router. It is always advisable to buy your own router here is a small list.
Best Wave 2 Routers List :
Thank You For Reading my article about Spectrum Wave 2 router. Hope It was Useful For Everyone I Tried to make it Short and Simple.
If you have further queries, don’t hesitate to comment below. I will be happy to help you out.
And don’t forget to share this post with your friends, who don’t know about Spectrum Wave 2 router yet. It will help them out. Use the social share buttons to Spread the Knowledge.