Tired Of Searching Best Router For Spectrum?
Are You also In search of the best router for charter spectrum? I was too a few months back. Read many reviews online, None of them worked for me; that’s why I made my List.
When I first Bought Spectrum Internet, they were the Constantly Forcing me to buy their Modem , Which they Said and I quote, “It's Completely Free with the Internet.”
Later I came To Know That There Is Catch, Spectrum Charges WIFI Fee!
I was Told that There Is no rental Fee on the Modem and Now they Have sent me a bill it States that “ Wifi Fee” For Using their Service. They Did not Disclose the Fees prior.
So I Decided I could Buy my Own router which will be cheaper to me instead than paying them. Here Are Some Pros Of Buying Your Router.
How To Choose Best Spectrum Router
While I give You My Best Router For Your Spectrum Internet there is some Consideration we have to keep in mind.
We all know, “ Every Coin Has Two Sides “ Similarly Every router or modem will have its specification, Range, Speed.
Now Deciding All this Is very Hard but You Do not have to worry, I have Researched Everything Spending almost Days finding a perfect router for Us and I have made list of Spectrum Router.
I can go on, But My Priority Was Saving Some Bucks that’s why I chose that Paying every month Isn’t the thing for me. I bought my Router + modem Exactly 3 Months back and trust me I am very very Happy with my Netgear.
Everything You Need To Know About Choosing Router, Whenever Choosing A New Router, You Should Know :
Increase Your Speed By 10x. How ? Watch This Video For Perfect Idea
TOP 10 BEST ROUTER FOR SPECTRUM :
Best Router For Spectrum.
- Provides up to 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 15plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Dual band Wi-Fi speeds up to 1.9 Gaps (2.4 GHz/ 600 Mbps) plus (5 GHz/ 1300 Mbps). Minimum system requirements - Internet Explorer versions 8 and newer, Safari 5 (for Mac), Firefox 8, Google Chrome
- MU MIMO (Multi User Multiple Input Multiple Output) provides Wi-Fi to multiple devices at once, at the same high speed
The first router in our list is the Linksys Max-Stream AC1900. It is one of the best gaming routers available out there which comes with a bunch of features. This is a next-generation router which offers you WiFi coverage for your home as well as it works with your existing modem.
With the help of the router, you will be able to get strong yet stable internet connectivity. As a result, you will be able to enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming, and more in high quality without buffering. Moreover, this one is a dual band wifi router which speeds up to 1.9 Gbps (2.4 GHz / 600 Mbps) + (5 GHz / 1300 Mbps).
Furthermore, you get to see the MU-MIMO or you can say Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output feature which offers WiFi to multiple devices at once. Plus, you will be able to experience the same speed across all the devices.
In addition to that, if you are going to transfer files over a wired connection. Then the Gigabit Ethernet ports will provide you a wired transfer speed up to 10x faster than Fast Ethernet.
Best Modem Router For Spectrum
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall DFS, Power Boost, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks. WiFi performance is exceptionally good, even in multi-dwelling units with lots of WiFi noise from neighbors. DFS and Power Boost are key
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Suddenlink, WOW., CableOne and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 156 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MG7550 has no phone jack.)
- Built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1900 Wi-Fi, and Power Boost, and DFS provides Internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- Wireless Power Boost adds high-performance WiFi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant boost in speed and range. The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. In addition, AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
The Motorola MG7550 is a bit different from the other routers. As it comes with a built in modem and works as a router. The router comes with 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports.
As well as it includes other features like DFS, Power Boost, and more. As well as, under the hood, it comes with a Broadcom cable modem chipset which offers security from Denial of Service attacks.
The wifi performance of the router is extremely good. Plus it offers great performance across different devices.
In addition to that, you get four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports which offer you a wired connection to your computers, gaming console, and other devices. Overall, it offers you great performance and you are hardly going to complain about anything.
Just like the Motorola MG7550 the ARRIS Surfboard is also one of the best modem cum Wi-Fi router that you can try out. It comes with quite a lot of features and the best part is that it has an affordable price tag.
Talking about the features, it comes with it packs three products under a single product. Like it comes with a16x4 Cable Modem, AC1600 Dual band Wi-Fi Router, and 2 Port Gigabit Router.
Also, the router is approved on Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum (Charter, Time Warner, Bright House Networks), Cox and other US Cable Internet Providers. However, it is not compatible with the Verizon, AT&T or CenturyLink network.
It also comes with 16 DOWNLOAD and 4 UPLOAD channels which helps you to maximize your Cable ISP service offerings.
Also, this one is approved for plans up to 300 Mbps and it supports IPv4 and IPv6. Along with that, you get 2 years of warranty. Overall, the performance of the router is also pretty amazing.
Budget Friendly Router For Spectrum
If you are looking for something cheap but best then do check out the NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Dual Band Smart WiFi Router. This one works with Google Mini and Amazon Alexa. Along with that it offers you 450+1300 Mbps speeds.
Under the hood, the router sports a 1GHz Dual Core Processor and it is ideal for homes with 12 or more wifi devices. As well as the router is backed by lots of advanced features. As a result, you get to experience lag-free gaming.
Moreover, the router also allows you to prioritize bandwidth for gaming, streaming videos and music. As well as it offers you fast access to USB HDD with USB 3.0 port. As well as there are the smart parental controls which let you filter content, manage screen time and monitor the usage of any connected devices at any time and anywhere.
Up next, I have the MOTOROLA MG7540. This one is also one of the best wifi routers that you can try out. Also, this one comes with an in-built modem. Also, the best part of the router is that it comes with an affordable price tag.
Talking about the router, well it is a 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem which comes with a built-in AC1600 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router. Plus, it sports four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall, and more. In addition to that, there is the Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks.
The router is also approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, WOW!, CableOne and others. Along with that, the router comes with a built-in high-speed wifi router which offers internet access to various WiFi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and others. It also sports four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports which offer wired connections to Windows and Mac computers.
For the next pick, I have the MOTOROLA MG7315. This one is an 8x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in N450 single band (2.4 GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router. Along with that, it comes with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall, and more. As well just like any other Motorola router, it comes with a Broadcom Cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
As well as it is approved by most of the top internet providers like Comcast Affinity and Xfinity x1, Cox, Charter spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Brighthouse, WOW and others. The router helps in eliminating cable Modem rental fees up to 132 dollars per year.
As well as it comes with a built-in high-speed wifi router with N450 wifi. As well as it comes with Power boost feature which offers internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon echo, Google home, Chromecast, and other devices. There is also, four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers.
In case if you are looking for a WiFi router along with a modem at an inexpensive price. Then do check out the NETGEAR C3000-100NAS N300. This router is compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE & more. As well it offers you Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall).
It is a three in one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem. Along with that, you get an N300 WiFi Router and 2 Gigabit Wired Switch. As well as it helps you to eliminate monthly cable modem rental fees up to $156 per year.
In addition to that, you are getting DOCSIS 3.0 which helps you to get 8x faster download speeds compared to the DOCSIS 2.0. Furthermore, it comes with NETGEAR Genie App which helps you to get done with Content filtering Parental Controls from anywhere. However, it is not compatible voice services.
Up next, there is the ARRIS SURFboard. This one is also a Wi-Fi router and a cable modem which you can try out. However, this one comes with an expensive price tag.
This one comes with 3 products in 1 which includes a 16x4 Cable Modem, AC1900 Dual-band Wi-Fi Router, and a 4 Port Gigabit Router. Also, the router is approved by various major US cable providers like Xfinity and Cox. As well as the router is compatible with Spectrum (Time Warner, Charter and Brighthouse). However, it is not compatible with ATT, Verizon or CenturyLink.
As well as the cable modem comes with 16 DOWNLOAD and 4 UPLOAD channels to maximize your Cable ISP service offerings. As well as it supports IPv4 and IPv6 which is the latest Internet standard. Along with that, you get a McAfee Secure Whole Home Internet with App to monitor and configure. Plus, you get support for multicast IP services and it is backward compatible with docsis 2.0.
You can also have a look at the ARRIS Surfboard (8x4) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Plus AC1600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router. This is one of the top routers which is available out there and the best part is that it comes with an affordable price tag.
Talking about the router well, it is approved on Comcast Affinity, spectrum (Charter, Time Warner, bright house networks), Cox, Mediacom, Sudden link and most other us Cable internet Providers. However, just like any other ARRIS Surfboard, it is not compatible with Verizon, AT&T or CenturyLink.
It also comes with 8 DOWNLOAD channels and 4 UPLOAD channels which are capable of up to 343 Mbps download and 131 UPLOAD speed. Along with that, you get an 802. 11AC Wi-Fi router which offers you speed up to 1600 Mbps.
Dual-band Concurrent 2. 4GHz and 5GHz (backward compatible with 802. 11B/g/n). Plus, it supports both IPv4 and IPv6. As well as you get 2-Port Gigabit Ethernet router which enables flexible, high-speed wired connectivity. What’s more? You get 2 years of warranty.
In the end, we have the TP-Link Archer CR500. It is one of the most affordable routers that you can check out. It can help you to eliminate rental feel up to $120 per year. As well as it is a cable modem router. As a result, it will serve you as both a cable modem and a wifi router.
Along with that, you will get 2 years of warranty and free 24/7 technical support. The wifi router is also pretty great for Cable Internet plans up to 300Mbps. Plus, it is approved by XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum (Including Charter, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks), Suddenlink, Mediacom, and WOW internet service providers.
You can get a maximum download speed of 680Mbps based on cable provider’s service. As well as it offers you a stronger network connection. Overall, the only thing I would say that you will not get disappointed at all.
Why Is Modem Router Combo Best? ( Must Read )
As I previously Told You, Money Saving Was My Main Motive; I won’t buy a modem and then buy a Separate Router For That. That’s Why Modem Router Combo Is the Best option.
Features Of Modem Router Combo :
1. They are Cheaper
2. Super Easy for Setting up.
3. Less Time Consuming, We can Update the Software of modem and the update the Router software – Too Hectic!
Single Band Router
1. Single-Band Router operated on 2.4 GHz Band.
2. These are the Least Expensive
3. They have to compete with the devices, Same radio Band.
4. Such as ( Microwave Oven, Bluetooth Devices, and Wireless Phones. )
5. They are Perfect For Web Surfing and Social Media Services
Dual-Band Router ( Recommended )
1. Streaming Video From a Service Such as Netflix.
2. Online Gaming Services Such as Xbox Live.
3. The 5 GHz Band Is typically Less Crowded has minimal Signal Interference and Offers More throughput
4. Ideal For Video Streaming and Games
5. You can also Free Up the Load Assigning a WiFi band to a specific App or Client.
1. Tri-band Router operates with 1x 2.4 GHz and 2x 5 GHz Bands.
2. These Routers are Good For Mansions or Bungalow with Heavy Network Traffic.
3. If You 24 Hours Stream Videos, games, Torrent Downloading, File Transfers. It's Good
Wireless Protocols :
To Send and Receive data, the broadcast networks make use of 802.11b and 802.11g. Devices with older standards are limited to 11-54 Mbps, and they only operate on 2.4 GHz Frequency.
P.S : I added For General Knowledge, If You Don't Want to read You Can Skip
The Most Use WiFi protocol is 802.11n it has the maximum data rate 600 Mbps and Operates on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Bands. It uses Multiple Input and Multiple Out ( MIMO ) Technology, which uses several antennas to provide better and fast performance.
1. 4x 10/100/1000 ( Gigabit ) Ethernet Ports.
2. ( To Connect Wired Devices Desktop, Pcs, and Mobile phones)
3. At Least 1 USB or 2x USB 3.0 Port.
4. Parental Controls. ( This allow you to Limit Network Access For Certain Users in specific days and times. )
Example: This will allow the parents to control the Childs gaming, streaming activity.
5. Quality Service Options ( This allow you to give applications and Clients network priority )
Example: One Device is downloading, and other is streaming, You can give priority to streaming Device.
6. Guest-Network features ( Assign SSID to Guests without Leaving your Network Vulnerable.)
Example: This won’t allow you to share your password.
More Secure Connection is with Wi-Fi protected access WPA/WPA2. Which requires entering the network password for each device.
Routers with WPA-Enterprise requires a Remote Authentication Dial-In User Services ( RADIUS ) Server to authenticate.
So I think I have Covered Everything You need to know before buying a Router. I hope. It did not get boring.
Now Decide Yourself Which Is Best For You Single Band, Dual Band or Tri Band.
Final Words :
I hope this article really helped you guys, It took me 5 days to write and edit the article. I tried to Cover alot of points regarding spectrum router and spectrum modem. My Main motive was to provide knowledge to you guys about router and I hope it would've cleared alot of doubts.
If you have further queries, don’t hesitate to comment below. I will be happy to help you out.
And don’t forget to share this post with your friends, who are confused about spectrum routers . It will help them out. Use the social share buttons to Spread the Knowledge.